Do you have a LEGO builder in your family? Join the STEMCobb LEGO Building Competition
Cobb EMC is once again sponsoring a Lego Building Competition to be held at McClure Middle School. The event is open to students grades 2-12. A limited number of LEGO® builders (40 in each heat) will display speed and accuracy for a chance to win a $100 LEGO® Gift Card.
Each entrant will receive a basic LEGO® set for the first level of competition. The first six builders in each heat that accurately complete the assigned set will advance to a finalist round of timed competition to win a $100 LEGO® Gift Card.
For more info on the STEMCobb LEGO Building Competition please visit https://4agc.com/commerce_pages/e11c94ac-8f03-4448-a9a9-17ec9c7e4c6f
Currently, we have several vacancies to be filled for the PTO Executive Board for next school year. Our nomination committee is currently accepting nominations. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, please email email@example.com. We have vacancies for a Co-President, 2 Co-Vice Presidents, and 2 Co-Secretaries.
Each week, we will highlight one of the open positions. This week we are providing more information on the responsibilities of a Co-President. More information on all positions may be found HERE.
PTO President Responsibilities
Job Description: An innovative leader with exceptional organizational and communication skills responsible for overseeing all aspects of the PTO organization. Will act as a chief spokesperson for PTO; chief liaison between parents, teachers, school administration and school board.
Qualifications: Has a good general understanding of the PTO programs, positions and functions. Good leadership skills, people skills, listening and follow through skills. Good problem solver. Demonstrates initiative.
* Review PTO Bylaws, School Charter, School Improvement Plan to insure the PTO is serving the changing needs of the school community.
* Will review board and committee chair responsibilities to insure the right people are in the right positions to achieve goals set by the PTO.
* Conduct/attend at least two summer PTO Executive Board meetings to plan events for the upcoming school year and review the proposed annual budget. These will be brainstorming session(s) with the board and committee chairs to establish organization’s goals.
* Prepare annual operating budget for PTO during the summer. This is created based on input from committee chairs and a review of past years expenses and income.
* Advise, direct and review the work of other PTO board or committee chairs as needed.
* Set up/attend regular meetings with the Principal for updates and communication.
* Attend or provide an update for the monthly school board meetings.
* With Treasurer,
- o Review financial requests submitted to PTO.
- o Review monthly budgets and financial statements of PTO body.
- o Review funding proposals.
* Conduct monthly PTO Board meetings by establishing agenda and soliciting information from board and committee chairs. The PTO President should miss no more than 3 board meetings throughout the school year.
* Initiate ways to improve PTO events, and the way the PTO functions, on an as-needed basis.
* Draft weekly communications for school newsletter.
* Recruit committed chairs and new members.
* Maintain a binder with all information relevant to the position to be passed on to the successor. Include all relevant notices, memos, budget information, etc. Produced while executing duties of post.
The March teacher appreciation luncheon falls on an early release day, due to professional learning that is scheduled for the teachers that afternoon. So, on March 31st, we are going to provide the staff with a make and take trail mix bar.
Donations may be sent in any time before that date. If you would like to donate items, PLEASE SIGN UP HERE.
LOST IN SPACE – TOMORROW
FRIDAY, MARCH 10 5:30PM
Bring the family out for discovery & fun! Activities will be ongoing from 5:30pm to 7:15pm. Take a walk through our solar system, explore moon craters, and learn about the Curiosity rover. Please plan to come early to attend our PTO meeting at 5:00pm. We will have a limited supply of pizza slices for $1.00.
Click HERE to sign up for the STARLAB. Use access code: starlab
Do you play an instrument? Please visit our music classroom! The Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd graders have been learning about instrument families, and it would be great for them to hear someone play them. It does not matter if you are an amateur or professional. You can play for one class or play for ten! Please feel free to spread the word to others who may be interested. SIGN UP HERE.