KCSMA offers a unique program called Charter town which is a micro-society meant to provide an authentic work experience for students, preparing them for the future. Students in the program are given opportunities to develop interpersonal skills and to apply science, math, and other content in their work. The students are held to a high standard, helping them develop a strong work ethic and establishing them as role models in the school.
Chartertown operates during morning carpool from 7:15am-7:45am and during afternoon carpool from 2:45pm-3:15pm. Students in grades 2-5 can choose to apply for a variety of jobs in full-time and part-time positions. As only a select number of positions are available, we offer a work session from August-December and from January-May, maximizing the number of students impacted by the program. Students work a regular schedule and receive virtual salaries which they can spend at the Chartertown Market and Up-N-Atom Cafe.
KCSMA also has a student-run news team and government which are part of the Chartertown program. These positions have a different selection process and schedule.
Staff members facilitate this program, but in order to have real success, we need the support of our KCSMA community. If you can commit regularly to 30 minutes in the morning or afternoon to support this program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include the details of when you are available. If you have an interest to support a specific position, please include that as well. The general categories of work are listed below.
- Customer Service – Market & Café
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Hall Greeting & Monitoring
- Social Media
- Crafting / Up-Cycling
The Chartertown Market & Up-N-Atom Café are always in need of supplies. If you would like to donate any of the following items, please send them to the office marked for Chartertown.
- Pencils – all types
- Pens – all types
- Erasers – tops, large erasers, fun designs
- Packs of crayons, markers, colored pencils
- Pencil Pouches
- New or like-new lunch bags, book bags, or purses
- Backpack decorations – puff ball hangs, buttons, anything cute
- Small Notepads or post-it pads
- Sketch books, journals, and small calendars
- Compositions Books – primary and wide rule
- Spiral Notebooks – any size
- Notebook paper – wide rule
- Fun binders – all sizes
- Notecards (blank, artistic varieties, and mixed packs of Happy Birthday, Get Well, Thank You, etc.)
- Stickers – all types
- Fidgets – school appropriate
- Locker Decorations
- New or like-new jewelry and hair barrettes & ties
- Lip Balm
- Travel size hand lotion
- Handmade items students would like to have or give as a present
- Individual packed fruit, herbal, or decaffeinated teas
- Individual raw sugar packs
- Large canister hot chocolate
- Individual Apple cider packs
- Flavored sparkling water – NO sweeteners added
- Large bags of organic plain popcorn
- No nut sugar cookies
- 100% juice boxes
- Individual Horizon Chocolate Milk
- Individual SILK chocolate
- GOGO Squeeze packs
- Kashi Strawberry Cereal Bars
- Clif ZBAR Chocolate Mint Protein Bars
- Lemon LUNA Bars
- Cascadian Farms Chocolate Chip Bars and Oat Bars (no nuts)
- Snack bags: whole grain goldfish, pirate booty, skinny pop popcorn
- Target Simply Balanced 100% fruit strips
- Individual mixed flavor oatmeal packs
- Small PAPER plates and bowls (NO Styrofoam)
- 12-16oz PAPER HOT cups with lids (NO Styrofoam)
- Plastic spoons
- Paper towels / napkins
Did you know you can earn money for our school just by shopping where you normally shop? Download the Shoparoo app, and start scanning your receipts to earn money and chances for random cash prizes for our school. See the Shoparoo website for more information.
Sorry for the double posts, but we realized we need a catchy slogan to go with our new logo. The logo might inspire the slogan or vice versa.
The slogan and logo are for the KCSMA Parent Teacher Organization, not for the school itself. Please keep in mind that the slogan is something we will possibly want to put on t-shirts, car magnets, etc. So, it needs to be something that represents all PTO members (example: would not want it focused on just moms).
We know we have a lot of creative thinkers in the PTO. We are counting on you! Please send all ideas to email@example.com. Thanks!
We need someone to design the new PTO logo, as soon as possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available. Thanks!