Welcome to the KCSMA Parent Teacher Organization!
We believe that children are motivated to become lifelong learners when they are part of a thriving learning environment that includes active participation by their families, schools, and their community. Our PTO exists to provide support for the educational, social, and recreational needs of the students, staff, and administration in an atmosphere that is consistent with the educational philosophy of KCSMA.
Please visit this page often for the latest information on PTO sponsored events and volunteering opportunities. If you use the FOLLOW feature, you will receive email notifications by email whenever there is a new post. We use this page to post school information pertaining to activities of the PTO, but at times, we also share important school news. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Although we provide support to KCSMA, the Parent Teacher Organization is a separate entity. Therefore, for information related to school policies, procedures, or enrollment, please refer to the student handbook or contact the school directly. You can find links to the KCSMA website and KCSMA Facebook Page on this page.
BOOK FAIR NEWS AND INTERNATIONAL SPRING FESTIVAL PROJECT
There are a lot of events happening in April and May that correspond with the upcoming BOGO book fair, and there is a special student project for the International Spring Festival. We have a goal to add many, many books to our classroom libraries and will be holding a used book drive and participating in Scholastic’s All for Books* program to achieve our goal. Here are the highlights, so you can mark your calendars!
- April 27th-April 30th: Coin drive to raise money for All for Books program
- April 27th-May 6th: Raffle ticket sales to raise money for All for Books program and STEM supplies (prizes will be lunch with a teacher, Mr. Donnelly’s assistant animal feeder, lunch with Bruce, etc.)
- April 27th-May 15th: Used Book Drive to collect children’s books for KCSMA classroom libraries
- April 28th: Bingo Night/PTO General Meeting/Used Book Drive 6:30-8:00pm – This is a free family event. We will be collecting used children’s books during this event. Kona Ice will be there selling shaved ice.
- May 1st: $1 N.U.T. Pass to raise money for All for Books program
- Buy One, Get One Free Scholastic Book Fair opens
- International Festival Family Histories are due
- May 1st-8th: Buy One, Get One Free Scholastic Book Fair
- May 2nd: International Spring Festival 11am-2pm
- BOGO Book Fair open 11am-2pm
*All for Books Program: This program raises money to buy books for the school. 100% of the proceeds benefit our school. For this book fair, we will be using the money raised to buy books for classroom libraries. Scholastic also matches the money we raise and donates to charities that give books to children in need.
Student Project for International Spring Festival
As part of the International Festival, we would like to make an exhibit to celebrate the diversity in cultural backgrounds we have at KCSMA. To demonstrate how we come from all over the world and have many different cultures, we will mark our origins on maps and share our histories. We will be displaying every history that is turned in, and we will place a mark on the map for every place that our students and their parents were born. This will give students the opportunity to make a real life connection instead of just an abstract idea about our diverse cultures.
Attached, there is a form that can be used to share your family’s history. You may use the form or make your own. The histories can be handwritten, typed, include pictures, etc. We hope you will complete this project as a family, and we would love to hear stories, customs, or anything that you would like to share about your cultural background. These histories are due by Friday, May 1st.
Buy One, Get One Free Scholastic Book Fair
This book fair will run from May 1st through May 8th. EVERYTHING at this book fair is buy one, get one free. This fair is not a big fundraiser for the media center, but it provides awesome summer reading options to our KCSMA families, and all of the money we raise for All for Books will buy twice as many books for our classrooms. Gift certificates are available for purchase, and they make great end of year gifts for teachers!
More detailed information will be sent out after Spring Break, but if you have questions in the meantime, please email email@example.com. Have a relaxing and safe break!
Click here for the history form: My History
Let’s get as many people to nominate our school as possible! Star94 is holding a contest sponsored by Georgia United to give a deserving school a free makeover. Our media center is being converted to a learning commons (hands on learning stations), but we need a lot of technology and supplies to make this happen. We need tablets, computers, a projector, printers, furniture, and much more. Please share this with your friends, and nominate our school today!
Thanks to Elaina Maloney for the tip!
If anyone is doing spring cleaning, we will be holding a used book drive for our classrooms. If you have any children’s books, save them for the school. Collections will start after Spring Break. More details coming…
We have our most recent list of Box Top Classroom Winners!
- 1st place with just over 2,000 Box Tops is Ms. Schwenk (2nd grade) – she received a $100 gift card and a class party.
- 2nd place with 1,734 Box Tops is Mrs. Estes (Kindergarten) – she received a $85 gift card and a class party.
- 3rd place with 938 Box Tops is Mrs. White (2nd grade) – she received a $45 gift card and a class party.
The following teachers earned $5 gift cards:
The following teachers earned $10 gift cards:
The following teachers earned $15 gift cards:
The following teachers earned gift cards in the amounts listed:
We will have one final contest for the year, and teachers will earn credit for the B1G1Free Book Fair. That contest will end on April 15th. Please keep saving/clipping your Box Tops!