Welcome to the KCSMA Parent Teacher Organization!
We believe that children are motivated to become lifelong learners when they are part of a thriving learning environment that includes active participation by their families, schools, and their community. Our PTO exists to provide support for the educational, social, and recreational needs of the students, staff, and administration in an atmosphere that is consistent with the educational philosophy of KCSMA.
Great job, everyone! Thanks to all the Box Tops you turned in, we will receive a check from Box Tops For Education™ for a total of $475.50 from our last submission.
Keep on clipping! All Box Tops turned in from now through November 1 will go toward our next Box Tops check in .
We are excited to announce that KCSMA has been chosen to partner with Comcast for their annual Comcast Cares Day on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 8 am to 1pm. This is a great opportunity for our school and community to join forces with Comcast employees to make a difference on our campus. This is a community event, and we would like to see our parents, students and other groups from the community participate.
Our goal is to have 250 adults working with us. We encourage you to invite work colleagues, church groups, scout groups, and other community groups.
We will be working on upgrading and enhancing the school’s landscape and outdoor areas. Please joins us at the school on Saturday, April 22nd from 8am-1pm. Please sign up online and forward this link to friends and family!
We look forward to seeing you all here!
$1 N.U.T. Pass this Friday!
Send in $1 with your student, and they don’t have to wear their uniform. Students must still wear school appropriate clothing and closed toed shoes. All proceeds from this month’s N.U.T. Pass will be used to fund PTO programs/events.
Donations needed for Teacher Appreciation Trail Mix Bar
Since this Friday is an early release day, and teachers will be having professional learning development after students are released, we will be providing a Trail Mix Bar for them. Items may be sent in any time between now and Friday morning. Please leave them in the front office, marked PTO. To donate items, SIGN UP HERE. Thank you!
- Review PTO Bylaws, School Charter, School Improvement Plan to insure the PTO is serving the changing needs of the school community.
- Attend at least two summer PTO Executive Board meetings to plan events for the upcoming
- school year and review the proposed annual budget. These will be brainstorming session(s) with the board and committee chairs to establish organization’s goals.
- Assist in preparing annual operating budget for PTO during the summer. This is created based on input from committee chairs and a review of past years expenses and income.
- Plan/Lead one committee of the PTO.
- Advise, direct and review the work of other PTO board or committee chairs as needed.
- With President, Treasurer, and other PTO Executive Board members, review monthly budgets and financial statements of PTO body.
- Solicit and review the Chairperson’s reports.
- Attend monthly PTO Board meetings. The PTO Vice President should miss no more than 3 board meetings throughout the school year.
- Initiate ways to improve PTO events, and the way the PTO functions, on an as-needed basis.
- Recruit committed chairs and new members.
- Maintain a binder with all information relevant to the position to be passed on to the successor. Include all relevant notices, memos, budget information, etc. Produced while executing duties of post.
- Perform other duties as requested by the PTO President and Executive Board.
Do you have a LEGO builder in your family? Join the STEMCobb LEGO Building Competition
Cobb EMC is once again sponsoring a Lego Building Competition to be held at McClure Middle School. The event is open to students grades 2-12. A limited number of LEGO® builders (40 in each heat) will display speed and accuracy for a chance to win a $100 LEGO® Gift Card.
Each entrant will receive a basic LEGO® set for the first level of competition. The first six builders in each heat that accurately complete the assigned set will advance to a finalist round of timed competition to win a $100 LEGO® Gift Card.
For more info on the STEMCobb LEGO Building Competition please visit https://4agc.com/commerce_pages/e11c94ac-8f03-4448-a9a9-17ec9c7e4c6f
Currently, we have several vacancies to be filled for the PTO Executive Board for next school year. Our nomination committee is currently accepting nominations. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We have vacancies for a Co-President, 2 Co-Vice Presidents, and 2 Co-Secretaries.
Each week, we will highlight one of the open positions. This week we are providing more information on the responsibilities of a Co-President. More information on all positions may be found HERE.
PTO President Responsibilities
Job Description: An innovative leader with exceptional organizational and communication skills responsible for overseeing all aspects of the PTO organization. Will act as a chief spokesperson for PTO; chief liaison between parents, teachers, school administration and school board.
Qualifications: Has a good general understanding of the PTO programs, positions and functions. Good leadership skills, people skills, listening and follow through skills. Good problem solver. Demonstrates initiative.
* Review PTO Bylaws, School Charter, School Improvement Plan to insure the PTO is serving the changing needs of the school community.
* Will review board and committee chair responsibilities to insure the right people are in the right positions to achieve goals set by the PTO.
* Conduct/attend at least two summer PTO Executive Board meetings to plan events for the upcoming school year and review the proposed annual budget. These will be brainstorming session(s) with the board and committee chairs to establish organization’s goals.
* Prepare annual operating budget for PTO during the summer. This is created based on input from committee chairs and a review of past years expenses and income.
* Advise, direct and review the work of other PTO board or committee chairs as needed.
* Set up/attend regular meetings with the Principal for updates and communication.
* Attend or provide an update for the monthly school board meetings.
* With Treasurer,
- o Review financial requests submitted to PTO.
- o Review monthly budgets and financial statements of PTO body.
- o Review funding proposals.
* Conduct monthly PTO Board meetings by establishing agenda and soliciting information from board and committee chairs. The PTO President should miss no more than 3 board meetings throughout the school year.
* Initiate ways to improve PTO events, and the way the PTO functions, on an as-needed basis.
* Draft weekly communications for school newsletter.
* Recruit committed chairs and new members.
* Maintain a binder with all information relevant to the position to be passed on to the successor. Include all relevant notices, memos, budget information, etc. Produced while executing duties of post.